It’s been an interesting couple of weeks for me, what with conferences and talks and meetings and trying to settle into a post-thesis work routine. As always with meetings I came away with my mind buzzing about potential ideas for the future, and as is usual with me, I just assume I will remember all the details and never write anything down! I will write a little about the EHBE meeting once I dig out the program, and I have a half-written post about tensions in the social sciences that I really should finish so I stop brooding over it.
This is the blog of Dr Fiona Jordan, evolutionary anthropologist.
- If folk talk non-stop about research w/o indication of other interests in life I get twitchy. Mention food/art/plan… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- On my way to Helsinki for a workshop on Cultural Evolution of Religion goo.gl/KDZRZA First time in Finland! 1 day ago
- RT @RebeccaSear: Cultural evolution of military camouflage, part of special Phil Trans issue on 'Animal colouration’ rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/372/17… 1 day ago
- RT @BristolUni: We're pleased to support @BritishEcolSoc at #RHSChelsea supplying iridescent plants for 'Delight in the Dark' garden https:… 2 days ago
- RT @SimonJGreenhill: We're looking for a Scientific Programmer with an interest in Linguistics: shh.mpg.de/418498/Scienti… 2 days ago