An interesting piece in the Chronical of Higher Education about the least-publishable unit: the smallest chunk of research that could be written up into a paper, and why academics might choose to focus on those instead of the Big Important Paper.
This is the blog of Dr Fiona Jordan, evolutionary anthropologist.
- If folk talk non-stop about research w/o indication of other interests in life I get twitchy. Mention food/art/plan… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- On my way to Helsinki for a workshop on Cultural Evolution of Religion goo.gl/KDZRZA First time in Finland! 1 day ago
- RT @RebeccaSear: Cultural evolution of military camouflage, part of special Phil Trans issue on 'Animal colouration’ rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/372/17… 1 day ago
- RT @BristolUni: We're pleased to support @BritishEcolSoc at #RHSChelsea supplying iridescent plants for 'Delight in the Dark' garden https:… 2 days ago
- RT @SimonJGreenhill: We're looking for a Scientific Programmer with an interest in Linguistics: shh.mpg.de/418498/Scienti… 2 days ago