The leaky pipeline in science, or why 60% of biology undergrads are female yet only 10% of professors are. Science rejected this after long consideration, but it got published by PLoS Biology. I am just linking to the paper by Peter Lawrence: haven’t read it yet, haven’t read this commentary in The Telegraph, but will do so tomorrow.
This is the blog of Dr Fiona Jordan, evolutionary anthropologist.
- YES THIS EXACTLY. twitter.com/_Xtin_/status/… 3 hours ago
- RT @peterbeerli: @polewis is talking about AIC at #MolEvol2017, years ago we got educated on pronunciation :-) https://t.co/oTFpVaEZhH 15 hours ago
- RT @AtheneDonald: How are academics doing with equal (not to mention high) pay, for instance comparing with BBC? New post https://t.co/Fpha… 1 day ago
- Just ordered pile of books to read ahead of my new class on cognitive anth. 80% excited 20% terrified by edge of "comfort expertise" 1/2 1 day ago
- So many movement-centred jokes. twitter.com/Simon_Hammann/… 2 days ago