The University of Auckland is having an alumni event in London next month. I’m vaguely interested in the proposal (for a Centre for NZ Studies in the University of London system), but more importantly, I’m wondering about networking opportunities. I’ve not made an effort with alumni events so far (granted, they’re limited on the other side of the world), but in under a year I shall be Seeking Employment, and wonder if I should get on that ship and start sailing.
This is the blog of Dr Fiona Jordan, evolutionary anthropologist.
- If folk talk non-stop about research w/o indication of other interests in life I get twitchy. Mention food/art/plan… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- On my way to Helsinki for a workshop on Cultural Evolution of Religion goo.gl/KDZRZA First time in Finland! 1 day ago
- RT @RebeccaSear: Cultural evolution of military camouflage, part of special Phil Trans issue on 'Animal colouration’ rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/372/17… 1 day ago
- RT @BristolUni: We're pleased to support @BritishEcolSoc at #RHSChelsea supplying iridescent plants for 'Delight in the Dark' garden https:… 2 days ago
- RT @SimonJGreenhill: We're looking for a Scientific Programmer with an interest in Linguistics: shh.mpg.de/418498/Scienti… 2 days ago